23 April 2007

Rx Abuse Among Teens Up

While researching another subject I came across a short little blog entry that begins:

Marijuana and methamphetamine use among teenagers has declined in the past five years, but the rise in prescription drug use among teens is a growing concern.
The blogger, Michael Monheit, goes on to quote a University of Michigan study to back up his assertion.

I wonder how much of this increase in prescription drug abuse by teenages is linked to the FDA's approval a few years ago of television advertising for prescription drugs. For the record I disagree with the FDA's decision and I long for the days when I could eat and watch TV and not have to make a mad stab at the remote's mute button to prevent having to hear about other people's nasty medical conditions during every commercial break.

Tags:  , , , , , &

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home