14 December 2006

Today's Daily Office

I get a daily devotional reading based on the Daily Office readings in my e-mail inbox each day.

I was really struck by the end of today's Old Testament reading:

"If you do not stand firm in faith, you shall not stand at all."

I'm also in a recently started Bible Study group that is studying the Gospel of Matthew and we were talking this past Tuesday night about what people have done/will do when left to their own devices. For some reason this second half of Isaiah 7:9 in the RSV trigged a connection between these two thoughts in my mind.

The Anglican Prayer Blog - Lent & Beyond has a great prayer based on Isaiah 7:9b.

And speaking of standing firm in faith - yesterday was Santa Lucia Day.

Tags: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home